Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Peplums, a staple item and a DIY








I've been longing for a peplum skirt or dress! I think they're so chic! But of course I wouldn't want to be cornered into having only one dress or skirt that has a peplum. I'd have to wear it over and over to get that look or buy a bunch, and that's in no way logical. So I considered making my own peplum belt but purchased the one pictured from BCBG. I still may make one just probably neon yellow!!  I also have a very versatile tube dress from LIT that I paired it with. I wear it under and with everything. Below are some pics of me wearing the tube dress. I just threw a pussy bow blouse over it for a simple look. The shirt is a little sheer so the fact that I had a complete dress on helped. It really has become my new staple item. I also recently found a great peplum DIY so I'm sharing that as well! Just click on the pic. Happy Wednesday :)








5 comments:

  1. love the peplum- although i totally bought some old eighties dresses ages ago that had the same detail going on! lov that the world caught up!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried on that belt at BCBG! You'll have to show us the results if you end up DIYing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I really want to see the DIY, b/c I think the peplum belt is a perfect idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peplum anything! That white skirt is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete