Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A dress as a skirt.

Back in June, which feels like forever ago, I posted about wearing my fuchsia maxi skirt as a dress. Now I'm wearing a dress as a skirt. I've had two days off, which is a lot for me, and I'm moving next week so I'm surfing online, going through blogs, and my clothes of course, and posting away. The dress at hand is very special. It is a gift from my best friend aka the love of my life. On a family trip to Puerto Rico, he brought it back for me. It is beautiful and the stitching is exquisite. I was inspired to wear it like this by a post from a new found blogger Nicolle Saylor, Gillian Zinser - Monday Inspiration and the fact that he brought up the skirt the other day definitely helped. It's such a unique dress and turning it into a skirt with a tied up button down white shirt just made my day!






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I can tell you love that dress - and you look lovely in it! Good luck with the move - do you need a hand???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you I do love this dress! You are too sweet Kristen. My parents are helping, thank gawd, but thank you very much :) I'll keep you in mind for any giveaways after the move. Might be selling a few things as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love some bigger pictures so I could see the detail, but I LOVE your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love that you made this piece work in a new way. It's great when you can "shop" your closet like that, isn't it?

    Good luck with the move!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mary Lane Thank you! I'm def going to start shopping my closet more. I have so much stuff, but don't we all? lol

    ReplyDelete