Sunday, January 8, 2012

Outfit post next time, promise

Every time I want to post, I want it to be a fantastic, inspired outfit. One where I'm wearing the highest of heels, the perfect amount of accessories and the setting is spectacular. Yes, an outfit post excites me and well, I am an artist when it comes to fashion/style. I am my own canvas and my closet is my palette. That all being said, I'm writing about makeup. Yup. My face is my canvas as well. I don't have a collection to brag about. I purchased a lot from MAC awhile back and has held me over ever since. With the exceptions of mascara and the like. It can be hard to be creative in that department when you're in a rush or even too tired, but I've found something that might help! It can easily be transformed into something very clean and refined. It displays makeup well and even if it's not your cup of tea to put makeup on display, this can be used for lots of other stuff! I also found out how to depot a MAC eyeshadow. Might seem odd, but if you're close to being done with an eyeshadow you may as well depot it. I did this solely so I could bring my six empty containers to MAC! I love that they recycle them and give you a free product for doing so. I'm a recycle nut so this is the best of both worlds!


http://laurathoughts81.blogspot.com/2011/03/make-up-magnet-board.html


http://www.makeupgeek.com/tutorials/how-to-depot-your-mac-eyeshadows/


2 comments:

  1. That magnetic makeup board is brilliant. I tend to forget about (or lose) half my eye shadows, and I have no system of organization. Maybe we should have a DIY date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I lose or forget about mine all the time. I'm hoping to be able to find metal to fit into a frame so I can try this. I do get afraid to let myself into a craft store though. I used to spend hours and $$ in A.C. Moore when I was younger. Like, serious addiction.

    ReplyDelete